Mahadevan's Monologues

If we had the vision and feeling of ordinary human life, it would be like hearing the grass grow and the squirrel’s heart beat and we should die of that roar which lies on the other side of silence. – George Eliot

Friday, October 27, 2006

APHORISMS TO THE ASPIRANTS

Inspite of my best efforts (within my limited technical skill), I could not retrieve my earlier blogs and am forced to open a new one. Here is my first post on the new Blog.



APHORISMS TO THE ASPIRANTS

Do not arrogate to yourself the power of position, for, we are mere surrogates.

Evaluation is always in relation to an ideal.

When you advocate a cause, you cannot adjudicate on it.

The most enabling force is to make somebody feel important.
.
Communications downwards should have more of instructions and less of information. Communications upwards should only be of information.

Communication is like an electric circuit; looses the force if not complete. Needs to be insulated from shock and leakage.

An effective act, is tact.

Be dependable and not dependent.

Be consistent, but not complacent. Be insistent, but not impatient.

A Role Model is not a Polestar, luminating and yet standing aloof, afar. He/she is immediate and emulative.

Competence is Skill raised to a degree. Commitment is Will conforming to one’s own decree.

Strategy is adapting to a situation; to survive or to score over.

Don’t look for an extra ordinary man. He is not around. Extra ordinary performance from an ordinary man would save the day.

Merely looking at the road plan, you cannot avoid road blocks.

5 Comments:

  • At 4:53 PM, Blogger Artnavy said…

    interesting- miss your old posts- could not comment on them earlier

     
  • At 10:49 AM, Blogger Usha said…

    What exactly happeend to the old blog? hope you have backed up the posts.
    Am taking these aphorisms with me to "put in my pipe and smoke" , as they say , and will come back with my reactions later.
    Best wishes for a successful innings here! We are here to make them into dialogues!

     
  • At 9:07 PM, Blogger Mahadevan said…

    artnavy :

    Thanks. I shall post one by one, my saved ones.

    Usha:

    I think some hacker had entered my Dashboard, deleted the blogs and changed the passwword. I tried various sources like Blogger help, etc. so far am not successful.I am not able to enter my dashboard to continue posting in the same blog.

    Almost all the portraits and a few more posts are in my hard disk and therefore they can be reposted. Rest either to reconstruct from memory or forget them.

     
  • At 6:49 AM, Blogger passerby55 said…

    hi there!

    there were some wonderful post in your earlier blog. I hope you post them up, many, like me would want to go back to them.

    Well, this post is a wonderful lesson learnt.

    Now , i realise why you need to take driving lessons before you really go ahead and invest in your car.

     
  • At 1:07 PM, Blogger Mahadevan said…

    paserby55

    Right. YOu need to take driving lessons, before invest money on a car. Or you can afford, look for a chaffeur.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home