Mahadevan's Monologues

If we had the vision and feeling of ordinary human life, it would be like hearing the grass grow and the squirrel’s heart beat and we should die of that roar which lies on the other side of silence. – George Eliot

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

I AM TAGGED

Hipgrandma has tagged me and here are my answers to the questions:

Three things I like to do

To read a collection of well written essays, even while munching crisp ribbon pakoda or omappodi, with soft instrumental music in the background.

To go for a long walk, with a well chosen friend in a pleasant climate.

To visit old friends or elderly relatives and renew/ensure continuity of contacts.


Three things I hate to do

To stand in a long queue for paperwork.

To participate in rituals in a huge crowd and be conspicuous.

To flatter the undeserving or punish the innocent.


Three people whom I would like to meet

Swami Vivekananda

Thiruvalluvar

George Bernard Shaw


Three things I long to have

Ability to recall and forget any event.

Clean environment

The writing style of an A.G.Gardiner or a Lytton Strachy and the subtle humour of R.K. Narayan.


Tthings that make me glad

Honest and pleasant people at the helm of affairs everywhere

Friendly relations with our neighbours ( applies to families and the country as a whole).

To read R.K.Lakshman’s fresh cartoon in the morning


Three things that make me sad:

To see an old man or woman, living alone, not being supported by family.

When a well intentioned act is misunderstood by the beneficiaries..

When a good and well to do family, is reduced to poverty because of circumstances.


Three things I like to dream about


The triumph of Truth everywhere ( Satyameva Jayathe coming to Reality).

Scientists finding cure to every dreadful disease

Best citizen in every locality representing us in our legislatures and Parliament


Three things that need to be stopped

Corporal punishment in schools ( still widely prevalent in many schools).

Exploitation of women in the flesh trade, mainly by other women

Criminals, religious extremists, pseudo secularists and castists entering politics


Three people I like to tag

I find it rather embarrassing to tag fellow bloggers, though I am willing to submit myself whenever I am tagged.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:11 AM, Blogger D LordLabak said…

    So you think India should have a "friendly" relationship with Pakistan or Bangladesh? I prefer an arm's length and a wont-harm-each-other attitude.
    Can you write a post on Thiruvalluvar please?

     
  • At 3:30 PM, Blogger Usha said…

    Just the kind of things I'd have associated with you.Scientists may find cures for all diseases,truth may troumph everywhere but best citizens in legislatures? sigh, it will only be a dream.

     
  • At 4:43 PM, Blogger Hip Grandma said…

    'To see an old man or woman, living alone, not being supported by family.'

    There are so many of them.you write so well abt the people you come across.Why not do one abt.some such person.It may instill some sense into the heads of those responsible for the situation.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home